Why Donate to Ability 2 Work
The differently-abled “aging-out” of school systems share the same experience today the Japanese Americans had in WW2:
They are interred by a antiquated system of ‘day’ habilitation programs which are concerned with safe, clean, occupied.
We are a revolutionary non-profit that seeks to transform a differently-abled persons experience of ‘safe-clean-occupied’ into meaningful inclusive experience.
Every purchase and donation at Grateful Bites goes to supporting an inclusive approach to autism by Ability 2 Work.
We don’t believe in “cures” or “limitations”.
We believe that every child, young adult, and adult deserves the opportunity to show the world their intelligence, love, and skills. We truly believe in everyone’s right to thrive and be allowed to be contributing members of their community.
When inclusion is fully embraced we can release the idea that people must become ‘normal’ to be able to contribute to the world. We look beyond typical ways of becoming valued members of the community, and achieve the goal of providing people with an authentic sense of belonging.
We have pioneered a way from ‘survive’ to ‘thrive’.
Ability 2 Work also:
- Has developed a successful support system to achieve 100% employment
- Provides 100% of the emotional, social, cognitive, conceptual and behavioral support to thrive
- Supports parents and families in recognition the entire environment of a differently-abled person must be supported for meaningful sustained change
- Interacts with over 200 differently-abled individuals annually in various ways to promote inclusion
- Works with school districts as a Structured Learning Environment
- Educates the community about inclusion
- Educates employers on inclusion
- Trains schools on successful inclusion practices
- Does not limit an individual’s potential by having one-size fits all program
- Authentic business environment that is safe and fully included
- We serve a population that is not considered ‘high functioning’